All governors are welcome to the HGA meeting on
WEDNESDAY 8TH JUNE 7PM-9PM AT THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE, DOWNHILLS PARK ROAD, N15
Elin Weston, the new Cabinet member responsible for Children and Families and Rory Kennedy, Assistant Director , Schools and Learning – have been invited to meet governors.
GOVERNORS MANAGING AUSTERITY
All Governing bodies will have been working on their 2016-17 budgets, many finding it difficult to set a balanced budget.
From next year we will have a National Funding Formula and are likely to have less money. Every Governing Body will operate differently.
This evening is open to all governors to discuss:
- Making difficult decisions
- Deciding priorities
- Reducing staff?
- Reducing the curriculum?
- Sharing resources
- Accessing other funding
Governors will be able to share ideas, listen to others and bring other issues which matter to them.
To Book online: log onto Haringey London via the governors’ Login page http://governors.haringey.gov.uk
The Reclaiming Education Alliance is holding a meeting on the 25th May 2016 6pm-8pm in Committee Room 10 in the House of Commons to discuss the Government’s proposals in the White Paper
- Christine Blower (NUT)
- Roy Perry (LGA)
- Richard Watts (Islington LA)
- Fiona Forrest (parent)
There will be plenty of time for debate and discussion
For more information please go to: www.reclaimingeducation.org.uk
HARINGEY GOVERNORS ASSOCIATION
INVITATION TO ALL GOVERNORS
HGA MEETING ON THE 9TH MARCH 7pm-8.30pm
THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE,Downhills Park Road , N15
Councillor Ann Waters,
Cabinet member for Children and Families
will speak about Haringey’s policy for Schools in these changing times and answer your questions.
This will be followed by discussion and workshops looking at recruitment, retention and recognition of governors – what information and support do governors need?
An ideal opportunity to meet governors from other schools and share ideas and issues.
DO COME AND BRING OTHERS
Haringey Council’s Governor Services have a new website that features of all of the training and support available to governors of Haringey schools.
It’s here: http://governors.haringey.gov.uk/
Haringey Governor Services’ ‘new look’ Governors’ and Headteachers’ Conference programme which is now open for booking.
- Our theme is Schools in Partnership – System Leadership.
- Our Keynote speaker is Mark Phillips, Senior HMI who has a wide breadth of experience of school leadership and is abreast of the very latest requirements of governance.
- The session following is an opportunity for you to innovate and become part of a wider – system –leadership. The session will be led by the Headteacher who chairs the Networked Learning Community (NLC) to which your school belongs. They will outline how your NLC schools work in collaboration to lead on projects that improve learning for children throughout the community and how this benefits schools which engage. You will be given an opportunity to make links with governors from other schools and consider how you might begin to share experiences and ideas and become system leaders too!
- The final session comprises of five workshops which have been carefully chosen for their relevance to your role in fulfilling your statutory functions, in supporting school improvement and in dealing with some of the difficult issues that can arise.
- And finally ….lunch @ 12:30
The procedure for registration is as follows:
To Book your place on the workshops.
Logon to the Governor Services Training Web Site
http://governors.haringey.gov.uk/ with your login id.
Select LOGIN and NOT REGISTER
Select TRAINING/COURSE BOOKING.
Select your chosen WORKSHOP from the list.
Confirmthe booking by Selecting Submit then Proceed.
Email: [email protected]uk
If you need further assistance with booking your workshop, please contact Governor Services
Schools and Learning Service
Tel: 0208 489 5074
Email: [email protected]
You are invited to the HGA meeting on the 12th February
at the Professional Development Centre, Downhills Park Road, N15.
Governors will be able to discuss the following issues with an expert leading who can answer their questions.
- ‘British values’ – what are they? And how do governors show they are meeting Ofsted requirements?
- ‘Assessment without levels’ – how do we monitor schools and satisfy Ofsted that we’re doing so?
- School websites and how are they used in Ofsted inspections?
You are also invited to bring any issues of concern to share with other governors. HGA will follow these up with relevant parties.
All governors are urged to keep up to date with the rapidly changing educational landscape. The annual Governors’ and Headteachers’ Conference is an opportunity to do this and share with other governors.
Prioritise the date: Friday 6th June, 2014 at 9.00 am – 2.00 pm – refreshments will be served from 8.30 am at the Haringey Professional Development Centre, Downhills Park Road, London, N17 6AR.
Details of all workshops, speakers, etc.: Governors’ and Headteachers’ Conference
Deadline for registration is now Monday, 2nd June at noon. Please email [email protected] to book now.
Haringey’s annual Governors’ and Headteachers’ Conference is happening on Friday 6th June from 9 – 2 (the last hour is lunch).
It’s a great opportunity for training on loads of different subjects and to meet governors from other schools.
You need to book your place this week by emailing [email protected]
Governors’ and Headteachers’ Conference – Workshops
Governors’ and Headteachers’ Conference Letter
Governors’ Conference Programme – 2014